Opinions on Resilience to Biological Crises
Keywords:resilience; biological crisis; biological agent; strain; capabilities
Resilience to crises has always been a fundamental option of the world. The biological crisis is an easy type of crisis, cheap to institute globally or in specific targeted areas. It can have consequences that are hard to predict and impossible to counter. The protection of numerous social groups in relation to the presumption of biological attacks is a thorny issue, nationally and internationally. The insurmountable difficulty consists in the impossibility of protecting or isolating the entire population, simultaneously with the development of normal life and natural economic activity. Obviously, the defensive biological capabilities of the states should be of an enormous level, compared to the reduced but effective dimensioning of the offensive biological capabilities. Biological events in recent history, such as the COVID 19 pandemic, have highlighted just a few of the major aspects of biological challenge.
Copyright (c) 2023 EIRP Proceedings
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.