Non-Financial Reporting as a Catalyst for Sustainability and Transparency of Information in Romanian Companies
Communicating performance and the impact of sustainability by a company only makes sense if it leads to
a positive evolution of it by increasing its value in the global capital market, the interest and trust of stakeholders and
the transparency of information considered relevant, reputation in the market. Responsibility builds trust between
companies and stakeholders. Trust strengthens the validity of the relationship. Stakeholder involvement is essential,
GRI supports the involvement of stakeholders in companies and how they provide information on issues they are
interested in assessing a company’s performance. The paper highlights that GRI standards can be an important
benchmark for both companies and investors, and integrated reporting can be a catalyst for transparent, sustainabilityoriented
reporting in Romanian companies. The research shows that the most important thing is not the report itself,
but how companies use the information and observations that come out of the report and how it can be made different
for both the companies and the stakeholders.
Copyright (c) 2022 EIRP Proceedings
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.