The Difference between Money Laundering and Procuring
Keywords:concurrence; offenses; money laundering; criminalization
The study is a critical-analytical approach regarding the judicial practice, the author analyzing and
presenting the arguments underlying the determination of criminal liability in the situation of acquiring material
goods from the practice of prostitution. The conclusion drawn consists in determining the criteria that must be
considered upon the legal classification of this crime. This study was determined by the change of orientation
of the criminal policy on the part of the Romanian legislator regarding criminalization of procuring and
prostitution, as well as relating the current legal situation to the offense of money laundering.
*** (1997). Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, no. 65.
*** (2019). Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, no. 589.
Copyright (c) 2021 EIRP Proceedings
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.