Data Mining in Educational Data – Useful Tool for Sustainable Learning Development
Keywords:educational data mining; learning management systems; online education
Transforming data to knowledge can be realized through data mining methods, and that is a continuous challenge to discover helpful information in huge data sets. Data mining (DM) techniques can be used to extract knowledge and identify specific patterns that can be harnessed in optimal solutions to answer identified issues. By collecting huge data sets and analyzing them, data mining can produce major changes that enhance the quality of educational activities, management, and teachers’ continuous training. The educational potential of data mining can be argued through the changes it produces in teaching and learning. Analyzing the context that subjects perceive as encouraging learning, the predictability of learning, and the understanding of real learning behavior, data mining techniques can be used to inform and develop teaching methodologies than enhance the learning results.
Copyright (c) 2021 EIRP Proceedings
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.