The Identification and Quantification of Terpenic Compounds from Aromatic and Semi-Aromatic Musts from Moldavia Region, Romania
Keywords:must, free terpenes, bound terpenes, aroma
The aim of this study is to identify and quantify terpenic compounds in musts from the Eastern region of Romania, Moldavia. Musts obtained for three consecutive years from four grape varieties, namely: Busuioaca de Bohotin, Feteasca neagra, Muscat Ottonel and Pinot gris were analyzed. The grapes were harvested from four wine centers from Bohotin, Cotesti, Cotnari and Husi. The monitoring of the terpenic compounds was assessed by using a spectrophotometric method. Results show that the free and bound terpenes had significant quantities in the aromatic varieties and lower quantities in the semi-aromatic ones. The accumulation of terpenes in musts are most likely to depend on the variety of the grapes than their region of provenience. The quantity of bound terpenes determined in musts is greater than that of free terpenes.
Copyright (c) 2021 EIRP Proceedings
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.