Role of Key Performance Indicators in Port Management
Keywords:Key Performance Indicator, Port Management, Shipping Industry
Performance indicators are much more than figures reported weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or even annually. They allow the understanding of the level of performance, the state of the business, so that a strategy can be developed. Shipping industry is more and more developed, and the managers are facing new challenges. The more accurate the knowledge, but especially the evaluation of the performance indicators, the more adjustments can be made correctly and in that way the management can reach fast, positive results for the long-term course of the developed business. In this paper we will analyze the importance of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and their role in port management.
Copyright (c) 2021 EIRP Proceedings
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.