Euthanasia - Between Good Death and Christian Death
Keywords:euthanasia; medical assisted suicide;, mercy killing; right to life
The question of euthanasia has a complexevolution, generating debates in legal media. The fact that certain countries have authorized the use of such means to end someone's life has caused a dangerous void in the legal system. It consists of the danger to end the life of foreign citizens in those countries in which euthanasia is legal, although the native countries of those citizens incriminate such means. Conflicts rise, involving the law applicable in such cases.
There is no agreement in the worldon the problem of euthanasia and medical assisted suicide. Public debateson the opportunity of legal acceptance are only a “gold subject” for sociologists or a “hot one” for the journalists, but they are a real need in some countries. The whole experience in the world gives us no acceptable, simple and easy to apply solutions. Unfortunatelly, nowadays, or in the near future we can notexpectfor a unitary point of view in the field of euthanasia.
Copyright (c) 2021 EIRP Proceedings
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.